Thursday, April 29, 2010

April Wildflowers

Some of the April wildflowers I have found this year

April showers bring May flowers, so the old rhyme goes. But this year we had little April rain and lots of flowers, many of which do not usually bloom until May.


We walked through the bush this evening and enjoyed the carpet of wildflowers which spread in all directions. This week thousands of trilliums are open and their short-lived beauty is worth seeing. By the end of May mosquitoes will keep me away from here and the trails will be narrowed by leafy shrubs and trees.

Trillium carpet in Steckle Woods

Bird sightings have been slow but wildflower sightings have been exceptional this month. I can identify all the flowers in the collage but I have at least three flower pictures I haven't yet named. (I find flower and tree guides to be somewhat time consuming to navigate through.)

Trillium Grandiflorum surrounded by Wild Ginger

It is nice to be able to take pictures of flowers instead of picking them, which is illegal in our area anyway. And I want to send all this woodland beauty to my mother who had surgery this afternoon in Mexico. She remains in hospital but I pray that she has a full recovery and regains her strength. I love you Mom!!

13 comments:

  1. With a beautiful bouquet of wild flowers like this your Mother is sure to get better quickly.I too wish her a speedy recovery.Too bad you are so far away from her.Enjoy the beauty of the wild flowers.
    Blessings,Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trillium is 3 times the wishes of fast recovery to you Mom. Then multiple times all those beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous collage Ruth. It made me smile. Hope your mom does well and is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pictures are beautiful....hope your mother does ok...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely variety of flowers. They certainly brighten up anybody's day. I will keep your mom and her family in my prayers and thoughts. I wish her well and a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely. Flowers in spring are one of my favorite things in the world.

    Healing blessings for your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wildflowers are just gorgeous. Positive thoughts to your mother for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a very good trillium photo, and just in case you didn't know, the one on the bottom right is a trout lily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The trilliums are carpeting our woods now too...I lvoe this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Ruth, I'm sorry to hear your mom's in the hospital. I'm sure your photos will cheer her up. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful collage. It must have been a very tranquil way among the wild flowers and until the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trust the flowers will brighten your mum and hasten her recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely wildflowers you saw in the bush! I love springtime here, too, because of all the different wildflowers that bloom. By mid-June all the wild, "natural" grassy areas will be dead and brown except for the trees.

    I hope your mom recovers completely.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.