Monday, November 20, 2006

Come Home For Supper!

As children we roamed around the neighbourhood exploring and playing with our friends. Mom had this old cow bell and would stand outside the front door ringing it when it was time to come in for dinner. It was easier than calling five of us by name. We are now scattered all over the world but would all come home for dinner if we could. Sandland Brother recently asked me for some recipes from home, and so a new site was created. I invite family and friends to email me their favourite recipes so they can be added to the collection.
[body_soul_spirit(at)rogers(dot)com]

7 comments:

  1. Your recipe site is an EXCELLENT!! idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the number of emails I received today about the new site, I realize food is a very important family connection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Foooooooood.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and for goodness sakes don't bring out that bell again! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed the dog doesn't like the bell either. He would like it better if he was trained to associate food with the ring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a great idea as a place to share favorite family recipes across the miles.

    I'd still love to know how my dad made his meatballs, but he never wrote the recipe down anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, the cooks who are the "artists" create their best dishes and never write a recipe down. Your father's creation probably couldn't be duplicated.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.